A household is a group of people who live together and share money (even if they are not related to each other).
If you live together and share money, you are one household. If you live together and don’t share money, you are 2+ households.
- A married couple who live together must share one Lifeline discount
- A parent/guardian and child who live together must share one Lifeline discount
- An adult who lives with friends or family who provide financial support must share one Lifeline discount
- 4 roommates who live together but do not share money or expenses are 4 households
- 30 seniors who live in an assisted-living home are 30 households
If you think you qualify, apply to get Lifeline
You can apply online, by mail, or with the assistance of your phone or internet company. Learn more about how to Get Lifeline.